Management for Web and Convergent Media
Book 1 - People and Processes
Are you an interactive media designer, producer or programmer struggling with
the pressures of project management? If so, this new edition of Managing Multimedia
will relieve the pressure, providing more practical advice and insider tips to
help you deliver a high quality project on time and within budget.
This updated and expanded third edition retains the strength of previous editions
while adding new material relevant for the changing work context. The book has
been divided into two complementary volumes. This one, covering people and processes,
describes the latest industry trends and incorporates them into a project management
framework. By developing practical skills it aids the project manager's own development,
and provides a coherent overview of the issues that affect all in the converging
industries of communications, media and computing.
- Covers the life cycle of new media production from the team manager's perspective,
defining the project manager's responsibilities and offering practical guidance
- Provides task-related exercises to help the manager build a customised set
of multimedia management guidelines to fit specific project requirements
New - For this volume!
- New chapter encapsulating the business and project management principles
for smaller companies.
- New self development chapters to deal with specific issues such as adapting
projects for other cultures and languages, online marketing principles and multimedia
- This companion web site contains useful content supplementing relevant chapters,
as well as providing links to many other resources